Who we are
Bremsen Technik Group is one of the leading European suppliers of automotive brake friction and components. We are passionate about solving our customers’ problems using our technology, knowledge and experience, and are the partner of choice for many major distributors of braking, clutch and suspension products in the automotive industry.
Proud to be headquartered in our birthplace of North Yorkshire, UK, our Group has grown to seven companies across the UK, Europe, USA and China. As a result, we are a diverse and exciting business in terms of what we do, our products and our people.
We are looking to appoint a Project Engineer to join our team based in Recklinghausen, Germany.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Engineering Team. The role would be an excellent first role following graduation or for an individual looking to progress with 1-2 years work experience. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be working within Bremsen Technik’s Technical Services group. You will be responsible for communicating production specifications to all plants employed by Bremsen Technik. Further, you will be responsible for the Catalogue Data Management as well as the NPI management to ensure the whole production process is running smoothly and effectively.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing the product lifecycle: “cradle to grave” concept for Commercial Vehicle, Passenger Car and Motorsport friction products and discs as well as associated accessory parts and kits.
- Change management – ensuring all changes issued are analysed, validated and implemented by suppliers.
- Management of RFQ’s liaising with sales teams.
- Production part approval process (PPAP) including the initiation of the process, validation, and supporting suppliers with technical queries.
- Maintenance of internal databases ensuring cross referencing and regulatory compliance.
- Support on quality, cost and delivery injunction with continual improvement strategies.
Our ideal candidate holds a Mechanical Engineering degree and is an ambitious individual with a keen interest in the automotive industry, specifically braking.
Experience of working to design and implementing improvement activities within a production environment would be beneficial. Knowledge of automotive engineering and quality standards and ISO9001:2015 and IATF 16949 would be useful.
Language skills are also important, fluency in English is key and some understanding of French and/or Italian would be an advantage.
The role will also require you to:
- Take initiative and accountability for own actions in order to proactively deliver what is required.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Identify and commit to personal development goals and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a strong sense of opportunity during times of turbulence.
- Have an ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver under pressure.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to analyse and challenge information.
- Demonstrate organisation and prioritisation skills in managing volume and variety of work.
- Have a willingness to travel as per business requirements.
Role: Permanent, full time
Location: Recklinghausen, Germany
Closing date: 31 March 2023
How to apply
Please email a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org