Who we are
Bremsen Technik Group is one of the leading Global suppliers of automotive brake friction and components. We are passionate about solving our customers’ problems using our technology, knowledge and experience, and are the partner of choice for many major distributors of braking, clutch and suspension products in the automotive industry.
Proud to be headquartered in our birthplace of North Yorkshire, our Group has grown with seven companies across the UK, Europe, USA, and China. As a result, we are a diverse and exciting business in terms of what we do, our products and our people.
We are looking for a Financial Controller (German Entities) to join our team at our Brompton on Swale site.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller this is a new exciting opportunity to join our team, you will be operating with the Group Finance team and will be responsible for all financial management activities of our German related entities including accounting and cashflow and acting as the main point of contact for all financial matters.
- Work with key stakeholders in the business, provide insight and support on finance matters and provide information to assist in decision making.
- Create a strong partnership between finance, management and operations which help to drive financial business results.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly management accounts, P&L and balance sheets to enable clear information to be shared across the business.
- Provide weekly Cash Forecasts, ensuring sufficient funds are available to support each entity under your control.
- Manage entity payroll and pension contributions, resolving queries and coordinating with payroll and pension providers as required.
- Provide commercial analysis to the leadership team to monitor and influence business performance.
- Manage and support the Purchase Ledger/Credit Control/Expense functions ensuring all procedures are adhered to.
- Understand cost drivers within the business, to aid strategic decisions and identify cost saving initiatives.
- Support work to supply regular statutory returns for VAT/Intrastat to external parties.
- Support audit investigations and audit work.
- Ensure completion of branch accounts for international branches where appropriate.
- Manage fixed assets, stock and intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Produce budgets/forecasting, working with budget holders to deliver achievable budgets.
- Lead, develop and motivate direct report(s), providing insight, direction, and guidance. Ensure they are set clear and measurable objectives and ensure they are supported to achieve these.
Skills and experience required are:
- Relevant qualifications, qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrable work experience in a similar role
- Language skills : English and fluent German
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and German GAAP
- Experience of working within a finance team within a global business in a company facing role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- IT skills: proficient in Office 365 packages, and the ability to learn new applications where required.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively analyse financial reports.
- Ability to convey and present financial information to non-financial team members in an understandable and engaging way.
- In-depth knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills to manage deadlines and deliver under pressure.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Clearly assess problems and analyse options to find solutions.
- Take initiative and accountability for own actions to proactively deliver what is required.
Role: Permanent, full time
Location: Brompton on Swale, North Yorkshire
Closing date: 31 March 2023
How to apply
Please email a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org