Who we are
Bremsen Technik Group is one of the leading European suppliers of automotive brake friction and related components. We are passionate about solving our customers’ problems using our technology, knowledge, and experience, and are the partner of choice for many major distributors of braking, clutch and suspension products in the automotive industry.
Proud to be headquartered in our birthplace of North Yorkshire, our Group consists of seven companies across the UK, Europe, USA and China. As a result, we are a diverse and exciting business in terms of what we do, our products and our people.
Bremsen Technik Reman is a subsidiary of the Group based in Coventry. It is equipped with state-of-the-art processing and testing equipment, providing products and services that are integral to the circular economy with a specialist focus on remanufactured brake calipers, relined brake shoes, and steering boxes for commercial vehicles.
About the role
Bremsen Technik Reman are looking to appoint a Core Manager to develop and manage the supply of core products to ensure continuous and efficient remanufacturing operations. The role also involves the administration of core products in the field to ensure availability for remanufacturing operations whilst maximising revenue. The role is based at our Coventry site and there will be a requirement for travel in the UK and overseas.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Establishing sources for purchasing used core, developing contacts in the UK and overseas.
- Negotiating competitive pricing for purchasing of used core and organising freight for all deliveries and collection of core.
- Inspection of purchased/returned core to ensure correct identification of core condition.
- Reviewing sales history and sales forecasts to always ensure correct stock levels of core.
- Working with Warehouse Team Leader always ensure accuracy of core stocks.
- Administer timely management of core as per Core Return Guide, in conjunction with finance including payment of invoices, chasing outstanding invoices, credits etc.
- Negotiating core prices for return if outside Core Return Guide terms.
- Developing processes for core management at BTE, to improve overall efficiency of returns to BTR. To include technical training of personnel, agreeing sorting process and delivery frequencies.
- Preparing, revising and submitting monthly reports, departmental budgets and forecasting.
- Ensure quality and health and safety compliance at all times.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have substantial understanding and knowledge of commercial vehicle braking components.
- Demonstrate IT skills, proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Teams with the confidence to learn new applications where required.
- Have team management experience with an ability to lead, develop, inspire and share knowledge and best practice with others.
- Have commercial insight to prepare, and review reports, budgets and forecasting.
- Takes initiative and accountability for own actions to proactively deliver what is required.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Report on business performance using facts and figures that demonstrate trends and performance.
- Ability to clearly assess problems and analyse the options to find solutions.
- Maintains a positive attitude and a strong sense of opportunity.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills with the confidence to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organises and prioritises skills in managing volume and a variety of work.
Role: Permanent, full time
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, UK
Closing date: 23 January 2023
How to apply
Please email a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to: email@example.com