Who we are
Bremsen Technik Group is one of the leading European suppliers of automotive brake friction and related components. We are passionate about solving our customers’ problems using our technology, knowledge, and experience, and are the partner of choice for many major distributors of braking, clutch and suspension products in the automotive industry.
Proud to be headquartered in our birthplace of North Yorkshire, our Group consists of seven companies across the UK, Europe, USA and China. As a result, we are a diverse and exciting business in terms of what we do, our products and our people. We are looking to recruit a Business Development Director to lead our specialist Motorsport and Performance team.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven Business Development Director to develop sales and global presence through existing and new clients internationally in line with the overall commercial strategy. You will be working with specialist high-performance distributors and garages including top brands such as Brembo Racing, Pagid Racing and ZF Motorsport.
As part of your role you will:
- Develop and implement commercial strategies for Bremsen Technik Motorsport in line with overall company goals and objectives to accelerate growth.
- Set, maintain, and deliver challenging forecast for Motorsport and ensure timely monthly report to the Group Commercial Director and Board.
- Lead, develop and motivate the Motorsport team, providing insight, direction, and guidance. Ensure they are set clear and measurable objectives and ensure they are supported to achieve these.
- Work with the Group Commercial Director and marketing teams on brand positioning using targeted marketing strategies.
- Build and execute country specific sales strategies and processes.
- Identify new opportunities for Motorsports and investigate and pursue expansion into new markets and segments in particular USA and Asia.
- Keep the relevant reporting and software systems up to date.
- Represent the Company at international trade shows, expo’s and industry related events.
You will have a proven track record in sales, ideally within automotive component parts, with a passion for developing customer relationships and providing outstanding leadership and vision to your team. An understanding or experience in motorsport and high-performance vehicles or technical background or qualification in a relevant area is desirable.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate high levels of proactivity and initiative in order to successfully deliver goals. You will be comfortable with commercial information and generating and understanding business reports. You should also have excellent communication skills with the confidence to interact with key internal and external stakeholders.
You will enjoy working within a team and supporting team members to ensure our customers receive the exceptional service they deserve.
Role: Permanent, full time
Location: HQ Location: Brompton on Swale, UK
Remote & Hybrid working
Closing date: 23 September 2022
How to apply
Please email a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org